It is a joy to welcome you to our church! We hope that you will not only feel the love of God, but that you will also feel the love of our congregation. We are a church where everyone is welcome, regardless of where you are on your spiritual journey. You may have questions about faith, God, and the Christian life. If so, you are in good company! We believe that we are all continuing to discover the many riches of life and faith.
First United Methodist Church of Tulsa seeks to bring all people into life-transforming relationships with Christ and other people.
We believe people best enter life-transforming relationships with Christ and other people when they worship God, connect with people, and serve others.
What We Believe
- We are called as a people to worship God the Father, Christ the Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We are a Biblical church and acknowledge the Bible as the primary foundation and final authority of our faith and action.
- In continuity with Christians through the ages and the historic church, we affirm the Apostles' Creed and the Nicene Creed as faithful declarations of Biblical truth.
- We believe in the necessity of faith in Jesus Christ as the crucified and risen Savior and Lord of all.
- We believe God offers grace and unconditional love to all, providing forgiveness of sins through Jesus' death and new life through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.
- We affirm the active work of the Holy Spirit, who cleanses and heals the life of the believer, gifts us for ministry, empowers us in prayer, and leads us in understanding the Word of God.
- We believe every Christian is called into an intimate relationship with God, faithful relationships with other Christians, and a Christ-like service in the world.