Administrative Assistant to the Minister of Connection
To apply, send your resume to Debbie Wallis.
FSLA Position Status: Part-Time Exempt
Reports to: Minister of Connection
On-site Hours: Monday & Tuesday, 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.; Wednesday, 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
(Occasional adjustment for ministry events)
To provide administrative and event support assistance to the Minister of Connection, and to graciously interact with guests, members and staff to help accomplish the Mission of First United Methodist Church – Tulsa, through worship, connection and service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Secure and enter guest and new member data into the Fellowship One database, by 4:00 p.m. each Monday.
- Weekly update and manage the Guest Notebook, entering all follow-up information into the Fellowship One database.
- Assist Minister of Connection with guest, member and staff follow-up as directed.
- Manage Connection calendar needs on the Fellowship One database, submitting facility and media requests as directed.
- Provide support for all Connection Ministry classes, meetings and functions, recruiting lay minister assistance at every opportunity. (This includes printing, materials assembly, invitations and responses, food ordering and purchasing, and set-up/clean-up.)
- Place orders for ministry purchases as directed.
- Submit invoices, expense reports and receipts on behalf of the Connection Ministries, in a timely manner.
- Meet with the Minister of Connection on a weekly basis, processing information, goals and challenges.
- Keep all Connection Point Centers neat and well-stocked, with up-to-date materials.
- Attend meetings and events as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Character, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Models the life and values of a committed follower of Jesus Christ
- Friendly, self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook and clear focus on warm-hearted excellence
- Possesses and maintains strong ethical standards, with the ability to carry out duties in a manner that honors God and people
- Spends time working on professional responsibilities and not personal pursuits
- Enjoys people, affable and able to work well with others
- Possesses at least a high school diploma, or GED
- Has thorough knowledge of and implements correct American English spelling and grammar, and is comfortable with basic math skills
- Adept in the use of MS Office, the Internet, email, and social media, and has the ability to quickly learn prioritized software and machinery
- Well-organized, punctual and detail-oriented, able to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and communicate effectively with a diverse group of people in a variety of circumstances
- 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Thursdays and Fridays Off
To apply, call 918.592.3862, ext. 1180.
Qualifications For All Staff Members:
- They shall be persons who are sympathetic with the Christian faith and purposes of The United Methodist denomination;
- They shall possess the special aptitudes, skills and capacities which are required in their respective fields of work;
- They shall be persons who can win and hold the cooperation and goodwill of the people they serve as well as their associates;
- They shall have the ability to maintain and keep confidences;
- They shall be persons who can demonstrate the capacity to learn and to improve their abilities.
First United Methodist Church will not discriminate or allow the harassment of any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law. First United Methodist Church’s Equal Employment Policy applies to all phases of employment, including selection, promotion, demotion, compensation, benefits, and termination, and all other conditions of employment.