The Metro Area Christian Basketball Association (MACBA) Intra-Church League is now open for registration. This league is intended to provide churches with an opportunity to play basketball together in a Christ honoring environment. The student leagues provide youth leaders with more time to spend with students deepening relationships and enjoying a fun competitive activity. Our aim is to be a tool you can use to connect with those who love playing the game of basketball. We hope you will consider how this league could be a bridge to some of your students and adults.
We will offer 6 leagues:
- Junior High school (6th-8th grade co-ed)
- High school recreational (9th-12th grade co-ed)
- High school competitive (9th-12 grade co-ed)
- Men’s competitive (18+)
- Men’s recreational (18+)
- Men’s 35+.
Through MACBA, your church has the ability to reach out to the community to bring in players who would not normally be involved with your church (maximum of 3 outreach players) in addition to building community from within your church. MACBA offers a great opportunity for your church to do ministry with everyone involved; students, adults, fans, and coaches.
If you don’t have enough players to make a team, consider partnering with another church to make a team. All of these partnerships will have to be approved by Tom Knorr.
Here’s Some Helpful Information:Mandatory Coaches Meetings: We need one coach from each team to make it to one of these two meetings. Teams not represented will not be placed on the season schedule and the team fee will be returned minus the deposit!
- Tuesday, November 28, 6:00 p.m. for Youth Leagues; 7:00 p.m. for Men’s leagues
- Thursday, November 30, 6:00 p.m. for Youth Leagues; 7:00 p.m. for Men’s leagues
Both Meetings take place at First United Methodist Church’s Youth and Family Complex (YFC) in the senior high room. The senior high room is in the west wing of the lower level of the YFC. The YFC is located on the corner of 11th and Main. Follow signs once inside the building.
Game Info: There will be an 8 game regular season plus a post season tournament with one game guaranteed. Tournament winners receive championship jerseys! Games begin:
- Saturday, December 9, for junior high school and high school leagues
- Thursday, December 7, for Men’s Rec, Competitive and 35+ league
Deposit and Registration:
- There is a $100 Non-refundable deposit due with your registration in order to reserve a spot. Spots are first come first served. Reserve your spot with a deposit. Deposit and Registration due November 30.
- Team Fee- The balance of your $450 team fee due by First Game. Your deposit is applied to the $450. A $50 late registration fee will be assessed to all team fees turned in after your first game. $450 team fee includes referee fees and deposit.
Outreach Players: Maximum of three outreach players not involved in your church are allowed on your team’s roster.
Jerseys: Teams must provide their own jerseys, preferably reversible! You can rent a set of jerseys from us for $80 for the season (first come, first serve). YFC will not provide jerseys to those who don’t have them.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 918.556.8849.