Sunday, October 15
- 12:00-1:30 p.m.
- Parker Hall
- Presenting Attorney, Blaine Frizzell
- Please RSVP to Dr. Mike Mitchell at email@example.com or 918.592.3862.
Many people think estate plans are for someone else, not them. They rationalize that they are too young or old or don’t have enough money to reap the benefits of a plan. But as the points below make clear, estate planning is for everyone, regardless of age or net worth.
- Loss of capacity. What if you become incompetent and unable to manage your own affairs?
- Minor children. Who will raise your children if you die? Without a plan a court will make that decision.
- Children with special needs. Without a plan a child with special needs risks being disqualified from receiving Medicaid or SSI benefits and may have to use his inheritance to pay for care.
- Business ownership. Do you own a business? With a plan you choose who will own and control the business after you are gone.