Every Tuesday Evening
6:00 pm - DINNER ($4.00 FOR ADULTS, $2.00 FOR CHILDREN)
7:00 pm - LARGE GROUP MEETING
8:00 pm - SMALL GROUPS
9:00-9:30 pm- DESSERT & FELLOWSHIP
The purpose of Celebrate Recovery at First Methodist is to fellowship and celebrate God's healing power in our lives through the Christ-centered 12 steps and Rick Warren's eight principles of recovery. This experience allows us to "be changed." By working and applying these Biblical principles, we begin to grow spiritually. We become free from our addictive, compulsive, and dysfunctional behaviors. This freedom creates peace, serenity, joy, and most importantly, a stronger personal relationship with God and with others. As we progress through the program, we discover our personal, loving, and forgiving higher power - Jesus Christ, the one and only true higher power.
Do I need Celebrate Recovery?
IF YOU IDENTIFY WITH ANY OF THE FOLLOWING, THE ANSWER IS YES!
- Most people you know have it all together and I'm the only one who doesn’t? Especially at church?
- Helpless and hopeless in your circumstances?
- Overwhelmed and out of control , that your life is unmanageable?
- Frustrated that you have failed again for the “umpteenth” time?
- So discouraged it is hard to get up in the morning?
- Unworthy of love?
- Alone and isolated?
- Embarrassed and ashamed that you can’t stop_____________ ?
- Faulty and full of shame?
- Paralyzed by fear?
- No one could possibly understand?
- If anyone knew this about me they would reject me?
- Nobody cares about my pain?
- Blocked from growing spiritually?
Not just for addictions:
DO YOU STRUGGLE WITH ANY OF THESE:
How do we overcome these things? How long can we hide them in the back of our minds and deny their impact on our lives? Wouldn't it be great to finally begin a process of healing?