It is a joy to welcome you to our church! We hope that you will not only feel the love of God, but that you will also feel the love of our congregation. We are a church where everyone is welcome, regardless of where you are on your spiritual journey. You may have questions about faith, God, and the Christian life. If so, you are in good company! We believe that we are all continuing to discover the many riches of life and faith.
Here are a few things to know about our church:
We believe in grace.
We believe in the forgiving grace of God. We also believe in extending grace toward one another. That means that we can be authentic about who we are and the things about which we struggle. In a world that admires getting ahead, we believe Christ is the one who makes us whole. We are all equal in our need for him. There are many places in our church life where you can receive an extend grace--retreats, small groups, worship services, Sunday school classes, mission trips, ministry opportunities, etc.
We love to study.
We have several Bible studies being taught both in the evenings and in the day time. Some are topical; others focus on a particular bit of Scripture. You don't need to be a member of our church to join any of our studies.
We love kids!
We feel very strongly about providing for our children and youth everything they need to develop a strong faith and be equipped to face the world. Our children's ministry uses a variety of ways to instill the Word of God into the heart of a child. It dramatically shapes a child's life and--it is just plain fun!
There is a place for you.
It doesn't matter where you have been or what you have done. You may feel far from God or closer than you have ever been. If you do not have a church home, we invite you to be part of what God is doing in us and through us.
May you experience the deep love of the Savior and the power of the Resurrection!
First United Methodist Church of Tulsa seeks to bring all people into life-transforming relationships with Christ and other people.
We believe people best enter life-transforming relationships with Christ and other people when they worship God, connect with people, and serve others.
What We Believe
- We are called as a people to worship God the Father, Christ the Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We are a Biblical church and acknowledge the Bible as the primary foundation and final authority of our faith and action.
- In continuity with Christians through the ages and the historic church, we affirm the Apostles' Creed and the Nicene Creed as faithful declarations of Biblical truth.
- We believe in the necessity of faith in Jesus Christ as the crucified and risen Savior and Lord of all.
- We believe God offers grace and unconditional love to all, providing forgiveness of sins through Jesus' death and new life through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.
- We affirm the active work of the Holy Spirit, who cleanses and heals the life of the believer, gifts us for ministry, empowers us in prayer, and leads us in understanding the Word of God.
- We believe every Christian is called into an intimate relationship with God, faithful relationships with other Christians, and a Christ-like service in the world.