What does Membership mean?
Membership at FUMC Tulsa is discipleship. You are joining with a community of others to transform your life and the lives of others for Jesus Christ.
What is required of new members?
All new members need to be baptized. We also ask two questions: 1. Is Jesus Christ your Lord and Savior? 2. Will you live out your faith at FUMC by your prayers, your presence, your gifts, your service, and your witness?
- Prayers - Be a person of prayer, having a devotional life that includes praying for your church.
- Presence - Participate in the life of the church through worship, relationships, and mission.
- Gifts - Give your tithes and offerings to the church. Also give any other talent (singing, teaching, etc.) to the church and community.
- Service - Give your time to others (going on a mission trip, setting up Regeneration, etc)
- Witness - Share with others your faith and what God is doing through FUMC.
How do I join?
There are two primary ways people join First Methodist. Each Sunday during the closing hymn in the Sanctuary or during communion at Regeneration, someone may walk up to the front and talk with a Pastor about joining. Also, on the last Sunday of each month, we have First Steps where you can join the church and meet the ministers in a smaller setting.
If you are joining First Methodist, you can fill out your information sheet ahead of time. Simply download and print this PDF, fill it out and bring it with you when you join. (If you forget, don't worry! We have plenty of these on-hand.)