*All children must be checked-in at one of our check-in stations. First time guests may check in at the red nursery desk on level two.
First Kids partners with parents to help children experience God, grow in the Christian faith, and share God’s love with the world. We strive to meet children where they are at every stage of development. It is our prayer that all children here at First Methodist:
- Love God and are empowered to share the love of Christ with others;
- Grow in their understanding of the Christian faith and Scripture;
- Serve as the hands and feet of Christ in the church, their home, and in the world.
- Our Nursery is available during all worship services and many church activities. Our youngest children, 8 weeks to 3 years old, are invited to learn about the love of God through story, crafts, and play in a safe and welcoming environment.
- Preschool children continue to build their faith foundation each week in their Sunday school classes and preschool worship. Children experience weekly Bible lessons through activities, games, and crafts.
K through 5th Grade
- Our elementary-aged children experience age-appropriate Bible lessons in Sunday school, where they also play games and do crafts. And, while we do have a children’s worship service just for them, on the second Sunday of the month, all elementary-aged children worship with their families in our large corporate worship services. We believe that inter-generational experiences teach children to embrace the faith of their parents and grandparents as their own.
Children's Wednesday Nights!
- Begins Wednesday, August 29
- Drop Off | 6:00-6:15 p.m.
- Pick Up | 7:45-8:00 p.m.
This fall, our kids will go through their own Alpha course, tailored for their age group and introducing them to the core ideas of the Christian faith.
Wednesday Night Nursery Care
A nursery is available for infants and toddlers through age two whose parents are participating in Wednesday evening activities.
- Sunday Evenings (Seasonal) | 5:30 p.m. | Community Room
- Bible Blast helps children write the Word of God on their hearts. It is a reward-based program that uses The Picture Bible and questions to help children learn and retain Biblical stories. Click here to learn more.